Seaham Harbour U3A Travel Group met for the first time On Wednesday 24th April at 10.30am at a member’s house. This is a very enthusiastic group who need a leader.
We discussed what we would like from the group and decided, mainly any kind of travel, as opposed to slide shows and talks.
Travel suggestions were (and there were many and in no particular order)
- Cruises, Ocean and River from Newcastle, Hull and Liverpool
- Coach tours, day or overnight stays
- Flights from Newcastle, perhaps to somewhere warm
- Historical Outings
- Train journeys for Weekends away or short Midweek breaks.
Future travel plans include:
- A day trip to Pickering and Whitby with the local bus company NorthStar Travel on Saturday 20th July 2013
- A weekend in Edinburgh by train in late September/early October Members are sourcing Train and Hotel deals
- A cruise to the Scottish Islands and Faroes on June 9th 2014 for 7 days